Augtera founder and CEO Rahul Aggarwal recently spoke about “AI Driven Automation of Network Operations” at MPLSSDAINETWORLD23. In this blog we will cover some of the key points from his presentation.
Digital transformation has been a major focus in driving innovation and great change across entire enterprises and their IT infrastructure. One area of IT, however, that remains largely unaltered is network operations. While NetOps teams certainly have access to a number of network monitoring tools and solutions today, most of those tools still rely on highly reactive and manual processes.
Manual Processes in NetOps Today
Network operators still rely heavily on manual processes:
- Manual detection of issues by plowing through noisy alerts
- Manual mining of graphs and logs to reactively detect issues and isolate root cause
- Manual mitigation
- Manual remediation
All of this manual effort results in NetOps teams trying to find issue “needles” in a massive haystack of incoming data and alerts. It’s not very effective and, given the advanced technologies that exist today, there has to be a better way to achieve efficient and optimal network operations.
What Does Automating NetOps Mean?
By automating NetOps with AI-driven solutions, enterprises can:
Prevent network incidents
- Automatically detect simmering problems well in advance, allowing time for mitigation to avoid application/customer performance impact.
When incidents do occur:
- Detect incidents as quickly as possible with minimal false positives
- Automatically correlate related signals to (semi) automate root cause analysis
- (Semi) automate mitigation
- Recommend remediation
- Where possible, (semi) automate remediation
Technology Pillars That Automate NetOps
AI and other advanced technologies are key to effectively automating NetOps. They include:
- Unsupervised machine learning for anomaly detection on metrics
- Unsupervised machine learning for anomaly detection on logs
- Collective learning on logs
- Topology-based auto-correlation
- Automated mitigation
- Generative AI-driven recommended remediation
Augtera’s Network AI platform has purpose built algorithms and implementations of all of the above technologies to automate network operations.
Automated AI-Based NetOps Has Proven Success
Augtera Network AI has helped NetOps teams see significant positive results in production. The solution has helped:
- Prevent up to 50% of network incidents
- Consolidate tools by a factor of 5:1
- Reduce incident detection time by up to 90%
With Augtera Network AI, network operations teams get a holistic AI-driven solution that automates NetOps and addresses the elephant in the room. Now teams can shift from traditional manual, reactive processes to a more modern—and effective—proactive approach through AI and automation.
To see for yourself how you can improve network operations with Augtera Network AI platform, please visit our real-time demo lab.